Ways to Give to Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church
Offerings support the ministry and general operations of Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church.
Gifts may also be specifically designated to support the Shepherd of Tomorrow Capital Appeal (including solar panels, roof repairs, sound and lighting systems, and camp and campus ministry support), SOV Preschool, the Barnabas Fund for those in need, and other opportunities;
contact Jan Garris for details.
Direct Ways to Give:
1. During worship when we pass the offering plate.
2. Electronically – You can easily set up a recurring giving schedule or make a one-time contribution using your checking account.
• Visit our website. https://www.sovlc.org/support-us or contact Wendy Torres at the church office and she will mail you an authorization form: fill it out, attach a voided check and return it to her and she will process it for you.
3. NEW: Give by Text Message – Using your debit or credit card
• Get Started – Send a TEXT MESSAGE to (818-918-4451) and enter the dollar amount (be sure to include a decimal) you wish to donate in the message field, then press send.
• Register – After you send your text you will receive a registration link. Click the link and enter your contact and payment information. Tap “Process”.
• Give – After registration is complete you will receive a verification text as well as a receipt via email.
• Repeat – For future giving simply send a text message to (818-918-4451) with the amount you wish to give and it will process automatically.
4. NEW: Vanco Mobile App – Using your debit, credit card or checking account
• Search – Enter 91307 or Shepherd of the Valley
Be sure to select Shepherd of the Valley-West Hills – Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church will be displayed as your default church – Tap Donate Now.
• Select – Choose a fund and either use the preset amount or enter different amount – Select Add to add another fund or move forward to the payment information – Scan or enter your card or banking account information.
• Submit – Review your donation summary then select Complete Donation
5. Offerings can always be mailed or brought into the office.
Indirect Ways to Give:
1. SOV Foundation - Donations for the long- term benefit of SOVLC may be made through the SOV Foundation.
• Checks made payable to the Foundation may be placed in the offering plate or be brought to the office.
• Transfer of securities. Contact Jan Garris to coordinate.
2. Thrivent Choice Dollars - https://www.thrivent.com/making-a-difference/living-generously/thrivent-choice/
• If eligible, designate Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, West Hills, CA as the recipient and follow the instructions.
3. Amazon Smile - https://smile.amazon.com/
• On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization (Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, West Hills, CA) to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Your selection will be remembered, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation to Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church.
Further instructions and questions are available at: https://amzn.to/321TJYO
4. Gift Cards (Scrip) - https://www.shopwithscrip.com/
• Gift Cards (Scrip) can be purchased at the office. This is an easy, no cost way to raise funds for the students.
• Electronic Scrip card reloads can be purchased online at shopwithscrip.com, 24 hours a day.
• To participate, you just need a ShopWithScrip account, and must be able to login to shopwithscrip.com.
• Use the school enrollment code D41757CE923L to sign up.
5. Matching Funds
• Your employer may match donations – contact your employer to see if they have a matching gift program.